Thursday, July 31, 2008

meşgulum..

I know its been another century and a half since I posted and I've prolly lost some fans over it.. but my life is sooo busy! As we move into the last couple weeks we realize how much of İstanbul there really is.. how much we haven't seen and really want to see, how much time we don't really have to see it all. So, I've just been out so much recently and am barely keeping up on my homework too.. I think I'm one of the few who isnt behind yet, but that's just because I never really liked sleep anyway... heh.

I'm on a school computer so unfortunately no pictures this time, but soon I hope. I have lots of good ones too. We had another looong walking tour through some pretty sweet buildings Saturday and a very small one from Eyüp on Tuesday. We made some friends, spoke some Turkish and ate some food. My foot is mostly recovered, for those of you who cared. I've been out just about every night. The attack was quite far from us, and I still feel like I can't speak a word of Türkish. My greatest struggle has become writing class because I can never think of what to say.. not because I dont know how to say it. See, I can express myself in writing generally, though with many a mistake.. but I really cant speak. But someday...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the update. It's good to know you are ok, your foot is better and that you are not behind in your homework. I am glad to know you are out doing and seeing things in your time there. Have fun and I am looking forward to the next installment!

Love,
Mom

Haley said...

SOLA!

I'm so glad to here everything is going alright! I really enjoy reading your posts all the time! I'm thinking that perhaps you should continue a blog once you go back to Arizona. Then I can feel like you are SO far away. ;) ...honestly I’m kinda serious! I miss you like crazy!! Be safe!

~Julia