Thursday, July 3, 2008

A few scenes of İstanbul..

I dont know where most of these are actually.. but they're from European İstanbul for sure :P  These are from the walking tour we took, perhaps I'll post some from inside some awesome old buildings too.

People haul junk like this here I guess...

Some of these streets we walked on, children would run out of the houses to yell "Hello" at us and maybe even ask our names :D

  Those people on the left are from our group too :P






Oh I also wanted to mention that Istanbul was chosen as the cultural center (or whatever, I dont really remember what its called or who decides this ><) for 2010 so most of the historical buildings have all sorts of restoration being done, which makes it harder to appreciate them right now, but in the end, its for the best I think :)  You'll prolly see that when I post pictures of the buildings, but you can see it from Alyssa's blog pictures too

2 comments:

JudyLady said...

Loved all your pictures. So interesting and we're so glad you're having such a good time. Enjoyed hearing about your tour and eating adventures, too. You are way more adventurous than I am!

We were over to Wendy and Jerry's yesterday. Helping them pour concrete for their new garage. Or I should say - Grandpa was helping.

They are still waiting to hear if John gets to ride in the Nationals in Farmington, NM. So far he is an alternate.

Keep having a wonderful time!!!

Grandma Judy

Brian Wasik said...

Nice blog. Everybody needs blogs when they go abroad!!

Looks like your having fun. You totally lost me when you started talking about food names. Post some pictures of food!