I finally decided to post some pictures of campus! Enjoy seeing my lovely school. I really think its one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever seen, if not the most beautiful.
This is the movie center on campus. So far we've watched three Turkish films here; Organize İşler, Babam ve Oğlum and Umut. I've enjoyed them all. The first one was a comedy about some criminals in İstanbul, the second was a really sad movie about a guy and his family, his wife dies and then later he dies while his kid is still really young. Umut was an older movie (Black and white!) and was actually pretty depressing.. a guy going crazy because he's super poor and cant pay his debts or feed his family very well.. it had no real resolution either. I'm not even entirely sure.. I'm terrible at watching movies and even worse at explaining them, so don't blame me!
This is the building where we have lab, which consists of us sitting in a room and doing all sorts of pretty repetitive listening exercises. I kinda like it though..
This is my dorm. Its actually pretty far from Güney Kampüsü on Uçaksavar Kampüsü. Going to class in the morning isn't so bad, but walking home is all uphill, like this...
This is only a tiny portion of the hill, but the walk is about 20 minutes in the heat and humidity. The forest is on either side of the road most of the way...

... But sometimes you get breaks in the trees along the way to see the incredible Bosphorus. Boğaziçi is in Europe, but you can see Asia right across the water. Look how close it is! :D
3 comments:
Great pictures! It really is a beautiful campus.
How wonderful that they are kind to kitties. I love that!
So you can see Asia. Have you been over there yet? Is that where you were when you took the ferries? I assume that if you haven't been to Asia, you will try to get there before you leave.
Love the pictures of the campus. thanks for sharing them with us.
These are Awesome!! I feel like i'm there with you... or well almost!! I can't wait to read more. I'm so glad i found it! :) I wish i could be there to enjoy everything with you! Miss you!
~Haley
Post a Comment