Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ungreat things

No, nothing that was ungreat happened.  I'm still having a fantastic time in spite of not getting a whole lot of sleep lately.  Besides that, remember my being sick back in the day? well I never actually recovered from it, but its back whatever it is.  I'm all congested and such nonsense.  It's probably the air here.  İstanbul has had it out for me since I came, so whatever.  In any case, lets recap whatever I can remember.  Next week is my last week here.  This week was thrilling, I suppose, ok perhaps not really.  I went to a concert on Monday evening, good good times.  We met a few exceptionally friendly turks, and had a lovely time, but got home late.  Tuesday I went to Akmerkez (= way upscale, massive shopping mall in Etiler (I think?), which isnt surprising since Etiler is one of the really ritzy semts here, moreso than anywhere I would live in the US.  Actually, I dont like it) Ok anyway, I went to Akmerkez with Liz to get tickets for another concert I will attend on the 13th.  Uh, Thursday I went to the modern art museum and to the bookstore and almost bought a dress, but didnt.  Tomorrow I'll hopefully shop a little.  I dont really have time to say more..

I'll update later.  Oh right, the Ungreat things I mentioned was that.. you shouldnt expect great things from me in the coming week, because my time is running short, I will be super busy with tests and last minute.. stuff.. and about 3 more concerts. byeee

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good luck on your upcoming tests, and your return to state side. I really enjoyed seeing Istanbul thru your eyes.

Susan said...

Yep, Good luck on all the tests, on the flights, and everything. Have fun your last week.